PRISM+ is synonymous with an electrifying gaming experience. The brand is dedicated to delivering high-performance gaming monitors that take your gaming display to the next level. While other brands in the market offer high speed and outstanding performance in gaming monitors, PRISM+’s competitive edge is its price point which attracts the masses.
The brand focuses more on designing products that provide a comprehensive and fully-featured gaming experience without stocking unnecessary expensive gaming-grade displays and features. With PRISM+ monitors, you can elevate the thrill factor in your games while staying within budget.
What is different about a gaming monitor?
If you already have a monitor that is in good shape, you might wonder, ‘Do I even need a gaming monitor?’ While you may be tempted to believe that it’s simply a marketing gimmick, in truth, gaming monitors can make a major difference in your gaming experience.
Gaming monitors, as the name suggests, are designed specifically for gaming. It means they are created to make your graphics card and CPU output look as best as possible when gaming. They allow you to play games at a higher resolution and frame rate, which makes the graphics look more realistic. Moreover, if you have an IPS, you can enjoy an exceptional visual and gameplay experience with incredible black levels and colors.
While regular TV monitors are good too, they are better suited to watching movies or TV shows. Gameplay is an entirely different concept; therefore, its monitors are designed with very different expectations. Gaming monitors have specific features that can push games as far as they can go, so the gamer has the best possible playing experience.
If you’re still contemplating whether you should invest in a gaming monitor, it’s better to buy a good one now than buy an ordinary one and regret it later.
Features to look for when planning to get a gaming monitor
If you are new to the gaming world, browsing through all the gaming monitor options available can be pretty confusing. When considering what to look for in a monitor, you should first understand the gaming monitor’s specifications and how the specs translate into real-world performance.
- Image resolution and quality
Resolution is of prime importance when searching for a gaming monitor. You should look for a high dynamic range, or HDR, to enjoy more brightness, sharper colors, and improved detail in each game. Peak brightness is another essential feature; therefore, your monitor should have at least 400 nits of peak brightness. However, a 600 nits peak brightness monitor would be ideal for viewing HDR content.
A wide color gamut refers to the range of colors displayed on a monitor. Usually, monitors have sRGB 8-bit panels that deliver almost 16 million colors. However, a good gaming monitor is packed with 10-bit panels that produce over 1 billion colors and wider DCI-P3 color space, an added feature that is becoming increasingly popular in game development.
- Low response time
Response time determines how sharp an image will appear to viewers and whether it will display artifacts such as ghosting, blur, or trailing. A slow response time creates an overall input lag, making it almost unbearable to play a game.
The response time of a monitor is usually not as important for most PC users. However, for gamers, high response time results in ‘game over.’ Traditionally, TV or monitor screens shift colors so quickly that you won’t be able to notice it while web surfing or drafting an email. But in gaming, every millisecond counts. Therefore, you should look for a monitor with a low response time of between one to five milliseconds.
- Fast processor for lower input lag
While input lag may seem similar to response time, they are both different concepts. Input lag is the time that it takes your gaming screen to show an action after you’ve pressed the button on your controller. Suppose you press the trigger to shoot; input lag is the time in milliseconds that it takes your player to start firing their weapon on the screen.
You should aim for a gaming monitor with low input lag so that your game feels more responsive and fun. The better your processor, the lower its input lag. A good gaming monitor should be able to provide an input lag below 10ms in 4K 144Hz.
- High refresh rate for smoother play
Refresh rate is the number of frames/ second and is measured in Hertz (Hz). It is basically the number of times the monitor’s screen refreshes entirely. For gamers, a high monitor refresh rate is crucial, and thanks to technological advancements, it has now become possible.
Regular monitors have a refresh rate of 60Hz, which is not enough. If you want to invest in a decent gaming monitor, you should look for a number above this. Ideally, you should aim for one that offers 120- 144 Hz or more if you want to enjoy smooth and responsive gameplay. In addition, the gaming monitor should have excellent frame timing so that the gaming experience is consistent and free from stutter.
Ordinary monitors often face syncing issues when it comes to pacing the frame rate with the graphics hardware of your PC or consoles. To counter this, gaming monitors have adaptive sync technology and variable refresh rate (VRR) to ensure that there’s no screen tearing or lag.
PRISM+ is the ultimate stop for gaming lovers, and with a PRISM+ monitor, you will never have to settle for an average gaming experience. At PRISM+, you can find both regular and gaming monitors. The brand also offers PRISM+ monitor arms, TVs, TV stands, soundbars, and air conditioners. When it comes to innovation and using the latest technology, PRISM+ doesn’t disappoint.
Here are some gaming monitors that you can shop at PRISM+ Sg.
- PRISM+ F240V
This gaming monitor has a:
- Compact 24” flat display
- A resolution of FHD 1920 x 1080
- 165 Hz refresh rate, which is much higher than the standard 60 Hz
- A response time of 1ms, which is perfect for gaming
- Adaptive sync, which means zero screen tearing, stuttering, and jamming
- 16.7m display colors
- 120% wide color gamut for enhanced visuals and graphics
- PRISM+ X340 PRO
Here are the highlights of this gaming monitor.
- 34” curved ultrawide screen that delivers ultra-immersive realism
- Screen resolution of UWQHD 3440 X 1440 that offers complete clarity in your images
- Extreme fluidity with a refresh rate of 165 Hz
- A response time of 1ms, so you don’t miss a single beat
- A Wide color gamut of 120% sRGB
- Adaptive sync for seamless and stutter-free gaming
- An ultra-wide aspect ratio of 21:9 gives an unparalleled gaming experience
- Ergonomic stand with full dynamic articulation so you can position your setup however you want
- A minimalistic and modern design with blue backlight illumination and ultra-slim ZeroBezel form
- PRISM+ PG400U PRO
A colossal upgrade from regular monitors, this IPS monitor has the following features:
- First of its kind to join the PRISM+ collection, this monitor has a 40” flat ultra-wide screen
- It offers a majestic 21:9 screen ratio for improved immersion in movies and games
- UWQHD 3440 x 1440 resolution that has 4 times the pixel density of a regular HD monitor display
- A fast refresh rate of 144Hz
- 1ms response time so you can enjoy smooth gameplay without input lag
- Delta E<2 Wide color gamut for a vibrant spectrum of colors
- It has IPS panel technology which means you can view the screen from any angle without compromising on picture quality
- An ergonomic stand
- Signature PRISM+ ZeroBezel form factor
- It has USB-C connectivity that allows you to connect external devices to the monitor without adaptors.
PRISM+ Singapore is one of Atome’s partnered brands
PRISM+ Plus has partnered with a BNPL service company named Atome to offer their customers a next-generation shopping experience. When you shop through Atome, you can split your bill from PRISM+ into three payments. While the first part of the bill has to be paid at checkout, you can defer the remaining amount to subsequent months.
With Atome, buying your favorite gaming monitor is easier than ever. Find out how to become an Atome user and start shopping.
How to sign up for Atome?
Atome is a Singapore-based company that operates across 8 countries worldwide. It has over 15,000 partner merchants, which means as an Atome user, your shopping options are virtually endless. Designed for modern, digital-savvy consumers, this payment service makes it possible to own high-quality and expensive products without overspending your monthly budget.
If you want to experience interest-free monthly payments instead of a complete upfront purchase, sign up for Atome today. You can download Atome’s app from its website (Get the app). Next, create a new account and send your details for approval. As soon as your account is verified, you are eligible to start shopping with Atome.
If you download the app now, you get a welcome voucher of $10 that can be used on your first purchase.
How to pay at PRISM+ with Atome
- Scan the QR code from Atome’s app for in-store purchases.
- When buying through the website, select Atome as your payment partner at checkout.
- Enter your user details when redirected.
- Pay the first part of your PRISM+ bill and defer the remaining amount.
Buy a PRISM+ gaming monitor for improved gameplay
If you are a gaming lover, investing in a regular monitor is useless. Instead, choose quality over price and buy an authentic PRISM+ gaming monitor. All its products are packed with amazing features that will surely take your gameplay to the next level. Payh with Atome to enjoy flexible, interest-free monthly payments!